New Lisbon Village, as it was formerly called, is located in Center Township, and is the
seat of justice for Columbiana County.  On the north bank of Middle  Beaver Creek,
Lisbon was founded soon after 1800. The southeast quarter of section 14 was
purchased by Lewis Kinney from the government in 1802, and on February 16, 1803,
he platted Lisbon. The village was incorporated under a special act of legislature on
February 7, 1825. Originally known for its iron and whiskey production (sold at $0.25
per gallon), New Lisbon became a hodge-podge of mills, tanneries, a cement works, a
salt works, carpenters, gunsmiths, hotels, clothiers, etc. The Village also claimed the
county’s first bank, the Columbiana Bank of New Lisbon, its first insurance company,
Columbiana County Mutual Insurance, and its first newspaper, a German paper called
“Der Patriot am Ohio.”
Photo by Jerry Tyson
Photo by Jerry Tyson
Click for Lisbon, Ohio Forecast
The Lisbon Business Guide is currently building a list of Businesses. To have your
business listed on this Guide
click here
Lisbon Police Dept. Anonymous Tip Page Click Here
Do not report emergencies from here
                                                                           
MAY 5, 2018
VILLAGE OF LISBON CLEAN UP
The Village of Lisbon will hold a village wide clean-up on Saturday, May 5, 2018.

The following items
WILL NOT BE TAKEN:

     
Propane Tanks
Computers
Asbestos
T
ires
Broken Glass
Medical Waste
Items Containing Freon
Toxic/Hazardous Waste
Paint Products or Paint Cans
All items must be placed curbside in containers/bags that can be lifted by one person
into a truck. Branches and twigs are to be bundled and tied together. Heavy furniture
must be able to be lifted into the truck by two people.